Arcade   Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Welcome
Welcome to neptunerising

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

TWITTER WITH US!!!
http://twitter.com/NeptuneRising

CONGRATULATIONS VM FANS... WE DID IT!!!!
You should be so proud of never giving up!
The Veronica Mars Movie has been given the green light to go ahead and will begin filming this summer.

The Kickstarter campaign made it's goal of 2 million dollars in under 24 hrs and shattered all sorts of Kickstarter records.
It ended with an amazing total of $5,702,153 and 91,585 backers.
We knew how awesome Veronica Mars fans are but we have proved it to the whole world now!
Congratulations Rob Thomas and thankyou for giving us this opportunity to help make this movie a reality! You deserve every bit of VM love being thrown your way!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559 ... ie-project

Please also take the time to join in on our conversations here, we would love to chat to you all and have you on this journey with us from kickstarter to movie :o)

Post subject: Re: In honor of the movie being official...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:22 pm 

Tickets here in the NY area are probably at least $12 for a movie. $20 if you want the 3D expereince!

Back on topic, I love how on the dvds they keep the original music intact. Some companies dub over music for their dvd releases so they don't have to pay royalties to the rights owners. I guess that wasn't an issue here.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:59 pm 

tarzan wrote:
We have cheap Tuesday day prices, $11. Every other day for a standard adult it's $18. Cheaper for students and cinema members and pensioners.
We have what they call gold class too where you sit in a recliner and they bring you hot food like hamburgers or huge ice cream sundaes and alcohol or coffee during the movie. But I think it's about 50 bucks a ticket...plus the food. I've been to that one a few times.

Bloody hell -$50 AUD for Gold Class - it's $35 NZD here. (Same as yours). I am certain they are the same cinema chains too... guess it depends on your market.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:23 pm 

Highscores: 16
Geez! Some of the prices y'all pay to go see a new movie! :what: Yikes! The price for a ticket around where I live is on average about $7 or $8 for an adult. It can be as low as $5 or $6 if you go to an early bird showing.

Last year was the first year that I have not done a Veronica Mars season 1 or a VM series re-watch. I'm gonna start a VM season 3 re-watch next, though. :mrgreen:

I'll definitely go to the theater to see the VM movie if they show it in my area! Unfortunately, the movies that are limited theatrical releases are rarely shown in my area.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:33 am 

Ha - Johnny - your dollars are US - which equates to the same as here :-).

As for the limited release - I cant imagine if you dont get it that I will either. Might have to travel somewhere ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:59 pm 

Highscores: 2
The price of a movie ticket when I was out in Cali this summer was $8 in Westwood.....so it's safe to say, I went to see LOTS of movies while I was there for 3 months :D

It's much MUCH cheaper than NYC prices. I never went to a matinee showing (who goes that early to a movie theater?! bollocks!). But for prices after 12 pm, an adult ticket will run you $14.

If I go with a friend instead of my boyfriend, we mainly split the costs. Someone will buy the movie tickets. And, the other person will pay for dinner for two which costs about the same as the total for movie tickets ($28). There is an Applebee's or Uno's nearby the movie theater place so we eat and drink first before going to the movies. I never buy popcorn or food there unless I'm with the bf :P

Board index » Fan and Media Chatter » Veronica Mars Episodes